Saturday, February 4, 2012

Easy Slow-Cooker Chili

Every year since I was in middle school, I have spent Super Bowl Sunday at the home of a church-family member, and often we ate chili while we watched the game (or mostly the commercials, in my case). Because of that, my mind equates the Super Bowl with chili. Since Super Bowl Sunday is upon us, I figured I would share my favorite chili recipe with you guys. If you haven't decided what to make for your own Super Bowl party, this chili would be perfect! Its so yummy!


Easy Slow-Cooker Chili

You need:

2 (16 oz.) cans of red kidney beans
3 (8 oz.) cans of tomato sauce (I usually just use two larger cans of tomato sauce, because I like soupy chili)
2 lb. of ground beef, browned and drained
2 teaspoons of garlic salt
2-3 Tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 of a yellow onion
A slow cooker (mine is a 7 qt., but the recipe could be altered to fit any size)


Directions:

1. Open and drain the kidney beans. Add them to the crock pot.

2. Add the tomato sauce to the crock pot.


3. Brown hamburger meat and chopped onion. Drain, and add to the crock pot.


4. Add the garlic salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Stir well.


5. Cook on  high heat for 3-5 hours, covered, stirring well every now and then.

6. Enjoy with some shredded cheese and sour cream! Go on, you know you want to!


I love this chili. We keep the leftovers in the fridge for a few days, and then freeze it. It tastes just as good! We're thinking about trying this same recipe with chicken, or ground turkey. If we do, I'll be sure to post the results! Tomorrow, I'm going to try my hand at furniture-making. We'll see how that goes. It could be a disaster. If everything turns out well, I'll have a new coffee table, and you guys will have a new tutorial. We'll see! Until then, happy cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment